Establishing a consistent workout routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it mostly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the stress and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why most people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only provides a distraction but also brings about the determination and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be valuable for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, strengthening both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have an exercise partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, target and boost speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to hold a conversation with your partner in an active gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you may be worried about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dust and moisture to some degree, there are a few accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Give some thought to investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, safeguarding them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become unexpectedly dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little preparation, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!