Hearing Aid Batteries and Accessories
Over time, the costs of hearing aid batteries can add up, especially if you don’t take care of them properly. Here are a few quick tips to keep your batteries longer.
How to extend the life of your hearing aid batteries
Figure out what Is draining your batteries
Usually hearing aid batteries work well for 3 to 6 days. If your batteries seem to fizzle out before then, consider whether you’re doing things that are draining them quickly. Here are the most common culprits:
- Overusing advanced options. Advanced features can make the difference between hearing and hearing clearly. Don’t be afraid to use them…just make sure you’re only using them when you need them.
- Changes in altitude. Switching from high to low altitudes can drain batteries, so consider whether they are worth wearing on the ski slopes.
- Exposure to moisture. If you like wearing your hearing aids while working out, make sure to dry and store them correctly. In fact, if your hearing aid is exposed to moist environments on a regular basis, think about getting a dehumidifier.
A few more tips to get more out of your hearing aid batteries
- Pull the tab only when you’re ready to use the battery. Once you expose the battery to air it is activated and will begin to drain.
- Wait a few minutes before installing your battery. Once you’ve pulled the tab, let the battery sit on the counter for a few minutes to make sure it gets enough air before you install it. Most hearing aid batteries have zinc, which gets its charge by interacting with air. If you install it before it fully “charges” you’ll get less out of it.
- Keep an eye on the expiration date. It’s so tempting to buy in bulk or on sale, but if you aren’t careful your batteries may be old before you even take them out of the box.
Beyond 312: What other hearing aid batteries are available?
Speak with your hearing specialist about rechargeable hearing aids. If you anticipate using advanced features often, rechargeable batteries are likely cheaper over time.
Why Wait? You don’t have to live with hearing loss.
Why wait? You don’t have to live with hearing loss.
Join the Battery Club and Save Time and Money
The cost is $45 for 64 batteries per device ($90 for 2 devices, 128 batteries). 16 batteries are shipped every 3 months (32 batteries per shipment for 2 devices). When your last shipment is sent, you will receive a reminder notice that it is time to renew. Postage is included and you don’t have to head out in the heat or cold looking for a good price!