Important COVID-19 Notice
In response to COVID-19 precautions, and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients, employees and their families, the office will have limited hours of operation. We will see emergency issues and Lyric by appointment only.
No walk-ins will be allowed. We may be able to arrange curbside drop off/pick up for broken hearing aids and supplies. If you want to arrange a curbside drop off/pick up, please contact the office via phone or email. We will be checking message frequently (M, T, Th, F).
We Are Moving!
Effective Monday June 1, 2020 we will be located at 1811 Benson Ave. Evanston, IL 60201. We look forward to seeing you in the new location!
Connect with your audiologist through a convenient, safe, and secure environment.
Get Help from the Hearing Experts in Evanston, Illinois
Want to get back into the conversation? With decades of experience, industry-leading credentials, and university teaching experience, the audiologists at Evanston Audiology can help you achieve the best hearing possible—so that you can reconnect with the people and activities that matter most.
As a full-service audiology practice, we offer comprehensive hearing testing, hearing aid evaluations, fittings, sales, and repairs, balance testing, tinnitus treatment, and custom hearing protection and devices including musicians’ earplugs and bluetooth devices.
Your hearing health is an important factor to an overall healthy lifestyle, and maintaining your hearing can make a big difference in your life. Dr. Mayo is looking forward to helping you maximize your hearing and communication abilities.
Dr. Lowery Mayo is also available for speaking engagements on hearing loss, hearing aids, and other hearing-related topics. Call (847) 453-3643 for more information.
5 Reasons to Act Today
- You’ll increase your self-confidence.
When you can carry on a conversation, and can clearly hear what others are saying, you’ll not only feel smarter, you’ll act it, too.
- You’ll improve your relationships with family and friends.
When you hear better, it makes it easier to communicate and stay connected.
- You can increase your income.
You’ll enjoy work more and won’t miss out on opportunities because of hearing loss.
- You’ll feel better physically.
Hearing loss is directly correlated to increased hospital visits. With better hearing, your balance may improve and you’ll be healthier and happier, too.
- You’ll enjoy life more.
With better hearing, you can live life to its fullest.
Why Choose Evanston Audiology?
- We love helping people reconnect with those they love through better hearing. Our passion is helping you hear better so you can enjoy your passions, too.
- We help you understand what type of hearing loss you have and the best solutions that are available to you, so you can make an informed buying decision—one that will make you happy.
- While there are lots of options out there, we’ve researched and tested hundreds of hearing devices and only carry the best.
- Once you’ve selected the best hearing aid for your hearing, your lifestyle and your budget, we program it for perfection—which is the big difference to determining the quality of sound you hear.
- Then we follow-up with you to make sure it’s working and provide repair services if they are ever needed.
- Your satisfaction is our biggest concern.
What Clients Say
“I went to Evanston Audiology because I was experiencing vertigo. Other doctors had told me I would have to live with it and it would go away. By the end of my visit, I was free of symptoms and understood what had happened to cause the vertigo. The staff was professional, kind, knowledgeable, and extremely competent.”
Kimberly Dienes, Ph.D., Patient
“I have been with Evanston Audiology for almost eight years. During this time, the staff has always responded in a timely fashion to all my hearing needs: testing, fitting, aid changes, questions and appointments. I have been so pleased with the service, I have recommended the group numerous times to friends. They too have been satisfied with the professional advice and service.”
Tom H., Patient